The Linux Engineering team expects
- Applications will be installed only to /mnt/appname as arranged per application with Linux Engineering. This location can be symlinked to /opt/local/appname. Everything for the app belongs there: java, etc.
- Logs will be placed in /mnt/applogs, which can be local or nfs as arranged per app.
- To grant only the exact sudoers commands needed. No more full sudoers, except on sandbox servers.
- To grant user access to servers through AD groups.
- To coordinate with the application owners so local service accounts conform to the Linux Engineering uid/gid list.
- Users to handle these operations: service starts/stops/restarts, file permission changes in app directories.